ERASMUS Student Exchange Programme
There currently is an ERASMUS-contract between JGU Mainz and seven Catholic-theological faculties in Europe that allows students of both universities to participate in the exchange program.
The following Universities are partners of JGU:
Université de Fribourgh
University of Glasgow
Katholische Universität Leuven
Universidad Pontificia Comillas de Madrid
Institut Catholique de Paris
Katolícka univerzita v Ružomberku
Universität Warschau (Catholic Theology with the opportunity to combine the studies with journalism)
Students enrolled at the Catholic-Theological Faculty at Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz thus have the opportunity to study, under the conditions of the ERASMUS Programme, at the Catholic-Theological Faculty of one of the listed universities for up to 12 months.
An ERASMUS-scholarship provides the following services:
- Absorption of all tuition fees.
- Payment of a "mobility grant" of approximately 175 EUR per month.
- In principle, the recognition of credits is possible. However, before starting the courses, the student should consult his / her German programme counsellor.
- ERASMUS organises numerous events, which help students to get to know the exchange city, country and to get in contact with students from all over Europe.
- Especially for ERASMUS-students, there are contact persons who help when starting everyday university life.
For special interests, it is also possible to start a new ERASMUS cooperation. This needs an individual discussion. Please take into consideration that this process needs additional preparation.
Additional information concerning the ERASMUS-Exchange-Programme can be found on:
Prof. Pulte, as the ERASMUS-coordinator, is responsible for individual advice as well as for the selection process.
For information regarding student exchange programmes see